Sunday, May 18, 2008

Worth a read

'If I had my life over' By Belinda Emmett (written after she found out she was dying from cancer) I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the Earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for a day... I would have burned the pink candle sculpted into a rose before it melted in storage... I would have talked less and listened more... I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained or the sofa faded... I would have eaten popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace... I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth... I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband... I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed... I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains... I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life... I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil or was guaranteed to last a lifetime...

No comments: